STEM stands for science, technology, mathematics, and engineering. STEM is important as it mirrors every aspect of our lives. In the world around us, science is everywhere. In every area of our lives, technology is continuously growing. The basic designs of roads and bridges are engineering, but it also addresses the problems of changing global weather and changing our home in an environmentally friendly manner. In our lives, mathematics is in every work, every activity we do. They will grow a passion for it by introducing students to STEM and giving them opportunities to explore STEM-related topics, and possibly look for a job in a STEM field.
Why STEM Education?
In the 21st century, as we face the advantages and challenges of both globalization and a knowledge-based economy, scientific and technological advances have become increasingly important. Students need to improve their abilities in STEM to levels well beyond what was considered appropriate. In the past to succeed in this modern information-based and highly technical society.
- Positive Association
- Doing classwork or homework is a bit of a drag for most students and a negative relation develops from this.
- Ask your child if they want to do their homework in math or science and you get the “look”.
- But you build a positive relationship when you alter the mindset and present math or science concepts in a fun way.
- When children continue to see how STEM permeates our daily lives. This positive association will pay several dividends. The aim is that they will be more open and better yet keener to accept STEM in higher education and even professions.
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- We strongly believe that problem solving and critical thinking are among the most important skills for lifelong success, if not the most relevant.
- Many STEM programs such as stem camp hamilton include activities that revolve around a task that includes solving a problem in some form or another.
- Kids get to extend their cognitive muscles through this process.
- Make New Friends
- Children are children and are interested, polite, and like to make new friends.
- Introducing your child to a Stem camp waterloo would also introduce them to build new friendship relations.
- Although some of these friendships might be temporary, at my programs and camps we see a lot of repeat students and it’s so nice to see how these friendships easily kick start.
To help the United States remain a world leader, STEM education is important. The State will continue to slip in the world ranking with math and science scores. If STEM education is not changed, and will not be able to maintain its global position. It is important for STEM education at school to spark an interest in students considering a STEM career. Teachers should not bear the entire burden of STEM education, however. Parents must also encourage their children to undertake STEM activities and raise understanding and interest in the merits of STEM education at home and in physical activities.